A Graduate Assistantship position is available within the Tulane Athletics Marketing Department. The responsibilities listed below provide a guideline of expected responsibilities. Detailed responsibilities will be assigned based on candidate’s background. This opportunity is available for the Fall 2020 semester, with an anticipated start date of August 3, 2020. Must apply by Saturday, February 29, 2020.
• Assist the Tulane Athletic Marketing staff in the development, coordination and implementation of marketing, promotional and fan experience efforts for all 16 sports, and any specific sport or event assigned.
• Develop full-scale marketing plans and fan experience menus for assigned sports.
• Provide leadership and assist in overseeing Marketing student workers and interns and their assigned responsibilities.
• Assist with managing PA announcers, coordinating music, video board elements, cheer squad, pep band, and other marketing needs to direct the flow of games, events and promotions as needed.
• Oversee select special events, such as Fan Days, STH Events, and On-Campus Student Initiatives.
• Fulfill sponsored elements such as logo exposure, PA announcements, promotions, and events by working with IMG. • Improve the atmosphere at each event using promotional games, giveaways, contests, trivia and music, etc. • Promote athletic events and communicate promotions within the residence halls, Greek system, student body, etc.
• Assist with the operation of Riptide’s Kids Club to drive membership and meet revenue generation goals. This includes coordinating and overseeing set up at all sporting events, as well as planning and executing RKC days at each sport.
• Assist in managing community outreach efforts & mascot program to promote marketing programs to the NOLA community
• Provide assistance in creating content, managing daily operation, and scheduling of social media platforms
Interest in athletics and the sport industry
Admission to a Tulane University graduate program (must be accepted as a graduate student to accept GA position)
Excellent oral communication skills, written communication skills, and customer service skills
Strong work ethic, willingness to learn, and strong time management skills
Ability to multi-task, stay organized, keep up with high-energy, fast paced environment
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Ability to work nights and weekends
Sports Management, Marketing, public relations, or advertising major (or related field)
Previous work experience or internship in the sports industry a plus
Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Working knowledge of collegiate sports and NCAA guidelines
Working knowledge of Daktronics Video Board Systems
ONE (1) OPENING
If interested in this position please email a copy of your resume, and three (3) references in one (1) combined PDF document to Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing: Tony Margherio - firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1834, Tulane is one of the most highly regarded and selective independent research universities in the United States. A member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, we take pride in being a part of this select group of 62 universities with “pre-eminent programs of graduate and professional education and scholarly research.” Our schools and colleges offer undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees in the liberal arts, science and engineering, architecture, business, law, social work, medicine and public health and tropical medicine. With a seventeen-sport program that competes in the American Athletic Conference, Tulane Athletics is on the rise, boasting one of the oldest and most storied athletics programs in the Southeast, and indeed the nation.