About Scott Dunn: Scott Dunn USA is a leading luxury travel company based in San Diego, specializing in customized journeys for discerning travelers.
Established in the UK in 1986, Scott Dunn has grown into an international organization with the opening of Scott Dunn USA in Solana Beach, California in 2016 and Scott Dunn Asia in Singapore in 2017.
Scott Dunn USA has a team of more than 30 office-based passionate travelers who create exquisitely crafted, customized private journeys to destinations around the world.
It is recognized as a premium brand in the sector, creating “once in a lifetime moments” across the globe. Distinguished by delivering the highest levels of service to its guests, Scott Dunn has secured the title of ‘Favorite Specialist Tour Operator’ for the last seven years in the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Awards 2019.
While the global business is already very successful, generating revenues in excess of $180m, Scott Dunn USA is still relatively new when compared to the UK operation and this is where we see much of our future growth. To do this there is a clear need to continue investing in people, processes and systems to establish the optimal infrastructure and culture in order to deliver the next phase of profitable growth here in the US.
As part of this investment Scott Dunn USA wish to appoint a talented Senior Marketing Manager.
About the role: The aim of this fun and hands-on role is to support the marketing function at Scott Dunn USA. This role will take ownership of day-to-day PR, events and partnerships, as well as providing assistance to the Sr Marketing Manager as well as regular data reporting and other offline marketing activities as needed.
Working in a three-person marketing team in a sociable office, the work is varied, so a good understanding of the offline marketing mix is necessary. You will need to be proactive and willing to do any task with energy and enthusiasm.
• Support the Sr. Marketing Manager with PR, taking responsibility for quickly responding to press requests and writing inspirational pitches, as well as assist with the writing of press releases and the execution of press drops
• Work alongside Travel Consultants in arranging press trips, work with an annual budget, ensure agreed coverage is produced, and track ROI
• Manage content creation following FAM (familiarization) trips taken by the Travel Consultants, including blog posts, collating inspirational quotes, photos and videos
• Take ownership for organizing Scott Dunn’s events. Be proactive at sourcing stimulating speakers, co-coordinating with partners, designing invitations and guest lists, controlling all logistics, and generally ensuring their smooth and successful running
• Produce on-brand travel documents for ad hoc group trips and know how to activate all channels to promote Scott Dunn hosted vacations
• Help activate sponsorships and partnerships, ensuring both parties deliver on the agreement – this activity includes communications, implementation, tracking and proof of partnership activity
• Support relationship with Brand Ambassador based in LA and support Loyalty Manager in ensuring long-term relationships with newly acquired, HNW guests
• Working with Sales, help create outbound call lists for consultants to follow
• Assist Sr. Marketing Manager with weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and analytics as requested.
Skills and experience:
• You will have proven experience over a number of years in an offline marketing role
• Demonstrate first-class experience at forging collaborative relationships both within a business but with external partners
• Highly organized with the ability to identify priorities
• Have a bias to action and ideally experience in a test and learn environment
• Demonstrable knowledge of offline marketing – particularly PR, events and partnerships
• Excellent copywriting and reporting experience.
About Scott Dunn USA. Inc
Want to work for an award-winning, international travel company with great perks and a dynamic team that’s, quite literally, going places? Are you a firm believer in the idea that travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer? Ever dreamed of turning your passion into an exciting, rewarding career? Now's your chance, we're currently looking for staff to join our team.